Academic Hardware Products (myDAQ, myRIO)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install the required myRIO software

I have successfully installed my LabVIEW and MyRIO Toolkit. My computer can detect the device, however when I launched the "Getting Started Wizard", an error message appeared: "Ensure that the LabVIEW myRIO Toolkit is properly installed on your computer and try again".

explodingbt_1-1714587971512.png

I have checked that the LabVIEW and the MyRIO Toolkit have the same version, which is the 2019 version. I have tried the main solution, which is to manually install the software from the NI MAX. However, after clicking on the "Add/Remove Software" button another error message appeared: "Something went wrong getting the installed and available software".

explodingbt_2-1714588129525.png

Is there a fix to this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(116 Views)

As LabVIEW has become more "complex" (and drifting from a "one version per year" to a "continuous update"), installing a myRIO system has become more difficult.  While I found installing a LabVIEW 2019 LabVIEW + myRIO system fairly straight-forward, I completely failed to subsequently install the LabVIEW 2021 version of the LabVIEW + myRIO code, possibly because it wasn't released until LabVIEW 2022 came out.

In the process of trying to install LabVIEW 2021, I did numerous trials of installing LabVIEW 2019 + myRIO 2019, which always worked.  I also took notes, which I can probably condense and post here.

But first, tell me about your system.

• What version of Windows are you running?  [It should be Windows 10, 64-bit].
  • What version of LabVIEW are you running?  [It should be LabVIEW 2019 (or 2019 SP1), 32-bit.].  If there are additional LabVIEW versions installed, what are they?  Is the LabVIEW installation a "Base', "Full", "Professional", or "Academic" version?  Do you have a way of activating the LabVIEW 2019 version you will be installing?
  • Please open MAX.  Expand the Software entry under My System and provide a screen shot of all of the software listed.  
  • Plug in the myRIO.  Expand the Remote Systems and provide a screen shot of the devices detected.  If one is your myRIO, try to expand the Software tab and provide a screen shot of all the software listed.  Also provide a screen shot of the main panel on the right for the myRIO.

Once I see what you have, I'll be better able to suggest a path for you to take.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(71 Views)