BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dr. Damien's Development

A few tweaks to the design and start of implementation of the base classes.  Get it here.

Message 31 of 39
(6,622 Views)

The base classes have been finished and the UML updated.  Get it here.

Message 32 of 39
(6,567 Views)

This series is not dead, just on hold while I do my real job, help with FIRST Lego, and try to be a scoutmaster.  I have done almost nothing on the next installment other than change my mind about what it should be.  Given the relative proportions of who uses what, my plan is to address text files first, then add hierarchical files - TDMS, Config/INI, XML, HDF5.  The last two are the most interesting and the worst currently supported, so I will probably do them first.  I know that XML is really a text file, but most APIs try to abstract most of that away, leaving a hierarchical format model as the method of interaction.

In the meantime, I will be giving a couple of the Developer Days presentations in Houston tomorrow (February 15).  If you are there, make sure you introduce yourself at one of the breaks.

Message 33 of 39
(6,405 Views)

I can understand distractions. Thanks for the continued effort. I do intend to follow-up when the dust settles*.

Ben

* We are swamped!

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 39
(6,391 Views)

Thanks for the update.

I myself suffer from the lack of time I can dedicate to the projects I commited to. Would be a full-time job, so I propably should marry a woman how earns the money and takes care of the kid. Smiley Wink

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 39
(6,362 Views)

I have posted documentation and an API for accessing the internal LabVIEW code generation engine on NI Labs.  If you are interested in scripting, you may want to check it out.  It is used here at National Instruments to make scripting easier.

I am still working on OO based file I/O.  I am currently attempting to create a low-level API which will work for both text and hierarchical binary files.  Making progress, but it is slow.  I will post when I get something worth posting.

Message 36 of 39
(6,210 Views)

I have implemented a file read object for text using the object oriented design previously discussed.  Get it here.

Message 37 of 39
(6,109 Views)

Fixed bugs, then did some redesign based on implementation issues.  Also added some benchmarks (and it is faster than the standard LabVIEW functions).  Get it here.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 39
(6,057 Views)

After a theoretical conversation about UI performance, I decided to look at how fast the different methods of UI update really are.  You can find the results here.

Message 39 of 39
(5,962 Views)