Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

... the code would probably look like that (only a small section is shown):

Message Edited by altenbach on 03-23-2007 08:42 AM

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 2,571
(28,228 Views)
Gotta love those icons of the prisoner behind bars in a cell, he's not a happy camper! Hope it's not controlling a high security prison.wink smiley
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 2,571
(28,223 Views)

@AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:
Gotta love those icons of the prisoner behind bars in a cell, he's not a happy camper! Hope it's not controlling a high security prison.wink smiley

Oh yes, I just love these (semi)-literal icons. After all, he's in a cell. 🙂

Long ago, I made an icon for the vampire challenge containing a bat flying at night, with the moon in the background. (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5303) .

Even longer ago, in the LabVIEW stone ages where support for conversion between big- and little-endian was not natively available, I had a subVI that did it. Most appropriately, the icon showed an American Indian, with a nicely colored feathered head dress. In these times of political correctness, this may no longer be doable. :o.

Message 43 of 2,571
(28,220 Views)
Nah, looks like his indexing started at 1, a for loop never would have worked.  😉
Message 44 of 2,571
(28,209 Views)

@Jeff B wrote:
Nah, looks like his indexing started at 1, a for loop never would have worked.  😉

LOL!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 45 of 2,571
(28,185 Views)

Oops!

I just Rube Goldberged.

After developing an example that reads various clusters from fixed length record files I noticed it was a convoluted way of copying control values to indicators.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=237586#M237586

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 2,571
(28,181 Views)
Let's see, in order to logically merge two simple boolean conditions, we need to convert one to a DBL using a formula node, another to a I32 with a case structure, do a coerced bitwise comparison (that can end really bad unless we are only dealing with 0 and 1), convert the result to a SGL (???) and see if the result is not equal to zero. 😮 Whew!!!

(silghly adapted from http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=238065#M238065, the original code had a few more wire bends and covered more area).

Message Edited by altenbach on 03-27-2007 12:11 PM

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 2,571
(28,156 Views)
Okay, the classic "is true = true?" it must be true.  Let's make an extra branch of that and pass that also into the true case that does nothing.
I wonder what the false case is supposed to do?

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 04-12-2007 11:49 PM

Message 48 of 2,571
(28,064 Views)
TiTou RE:

That is not fair TiTou. You forgot to tell that this VI is part of a polymophic VI that adapts to array inputs of base path and relative path.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 2,571
(28,017 Views)
One way to invert a boolean would be to (1) convert it to 0/1, (2) see if the result is zero.

Of course we could just wire the boolean directly to the case structure and swap the two cases, but... 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 04-30-2007 07:22 AM

Message 50 of 2,571
(27,923 Views)