BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this and what is it used for

SnowMule wrote: Outlet tester.

To be used by little kids, I guess. 😄 (see also)

0 Kudos
Message 81 of 294
(8,201 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

Outlet tester.

schock_by_corvintaurus.gif

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 82 of 294
(8,192 Views)

Is it a huge cork puller?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 83 of 294
(8,188 Views)

@James.M wrote:

These are centimeters, not inches. 😄

Message 84 of 294
(8,182 Views)

Is it a key?

Looks like the two prongs are to make contact ont he outer edges (electrical contact to unlock?) whereas the upper part could slot into a holder to allow turning.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 85 of 294
(8,153 Views)

@James.M wrote:

We have one and I have not been succesful using it. I prefer the old-school cork-screw, besides it is already on the Swiss Champ in my pocket.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 294
(8,141 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

@SnowMule wrote:

Outlet tester.

schock_by_corvintaurus.gif

Sea story time!

My parent prucahsed a HO model train set for me and my brother. We were un supervised when our experiments wiht the toy transform had looking back at the outlet that provided power. My brother put a nail in the two slots for  the blade of teh plug and then dropped another nail across thoes two. The small explosion threw him across the room and a new rul was establsihed.

If you can't do it with a D-Cell battery, you are not going to do it.

I had to wait until I joined the Navy before I allowed to work with anyhting that was plugged in.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 87 of 294
(8,134 Views)

Here is another item I found in my travels and I am pretty sure I can ID what it is.

DSCN0643.JPG

A pneumatic actuated diaphram on the right hand side acts on the bar lever that in turn acts on the back disk which can rotate CW or CCW..  A counter weight mounted on an adjustment screw allows the balance to be adjusted (adjustment screw is not visable in this photo)

To operate correctly it had to be mounted on a wall or a panel inside a cabinet.

I found it in my Wife's Uncles shop. He was an electrical/control engineer.

Last hint for now.

It ws capable of the early versions of DSC were not able to do.

Ben

Message 88 of 294
(8,120 Views)

Looks like mercury switches, all at a slightly different angle (to be calibrated). Maybe a pressure or vacuum regulator? (e.g. turn compressor on/off, depending on reading)

Message 89 of 294
(8,116 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Looks like mercury switches, all at a slightly different angle (to be calibrated). Maybe a pressure or vacuum regulator? (e.g. turn compressor on/off, depending on reading)

On/off needs only one mercury switch. So I will call that 1/2 correct becuase you also pointed on teh individual adjustments.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 90 of 294
(8,109 Views)