DAQExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQExpress and Firewall

Can someone from NI give exact instructions on how to get DAQExpress to start through a firewall?  Seems absurd that it needs a network connection in the first place right? Why exactly? Anyway I don't want links to random pages of what a firewall is. I want instructions with Windows 10 and Labview 2023 how to get DAQExpress to start. On the forums I see posts about telling me to "fight with IT" to open the ports. Really that is the solution? How exactly. I don't even know what to tell them.

I have normal Windows 10 Firewall running. I can open it and select Domain, Public, or Private. I select all of them. Still nothing. What gives NI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(907 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I'm now working with a fresh computer that we purchased outside the company and I can't get the program to successfully load from my home office where the network firewalls of the business do not exist.

Is there something missing from the instructions on installation?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(300 Views)

Check out this article - https://www.ni.com/en/support/security/configuring-software-and-hardware-firewalls-to-support-nation...

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(282 Views)