DATA AHEAD toolkit support Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP7 - error 2: error in obtain a Queue. Possible reason:Labview memory full

I bought the SP7 toolkit to read and write data on two Siemens 1200 PLCs. The program is supposed to run 24/24h but, the following morning we always find this error (please find attached the relative screenshot). 

The vi is huge, thus i'm not attaching it, but basically I created two SP7 connection outside the while loop, then read/write DB inside the loop and, eventualy, the connections are closed at the end, if the vi is stopped. Each read or write operation is sequential, even though there are two SP7 connections instatiated, thanks to the dataflow enstablished with the error cluster wire. I monitored the laptop memory resources and it seams that there is plenty of memory when the error occours. However, I doubled the PC RAM from 8GB to 16 GB and I maximized the windows virtual memory, as described in NI forum. I also programmatically reset the application and tried to deallocate memory with the labview basic function "request deallocation.vi" but nothing changed.

I suppose that each Read DB block of the SP7 API contains a "obtain a queue" vi that creates a new refnum.

As described in the following discussion 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Obtain-Queue-vi-error-2-after-long-execution-Labview-6-1/td-p/13538...

it seams that " [...] LabVIEW has an internal limit of 2^16  refnums of any particular type, something derived from observing the bit  pattern of a refnum. Even if LabVIEW wouldn't have such an "artificial"  limit, each refnum requires memory, several bytes (could be in the range  of 16 to 32 bytes) in fact. So even if that refnum limit wouldn't exist,  you would run out of memory sooner or later [...]"

Any of you have experienced this problem? any solutions or suggestions? Thanks!

I have Labview 2017 32 bit, which is installed on a 64 bit, Windows 7 machine.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,689 Views)

Hi,

I assume that you are using v2018.3.0.5 of SP7. Please upgrade to v2018.4 or v2018.6 - this should resolve your problems.

cf. https://forums.ni.com/t5/DATA-AHEAD-toolkit-support-Blog/Unpleasant-error-in-SP7-release-v2018-3-0-5...

Regards,
DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,665 Views)

Hallo alfiero88

I had the same Problem, i'm using Labview 2016 64bit under Linux OS (Opensuse and Ubuntu), i couldn't find out any reason to make Memory Full Error. 

did you got something may helps to avoid that?

thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,795 Views)

Hello Alhaidar,

as stated in

https://forums.ni.com/t5/DATA-AHEAD-toolkit-support-Blog/Unpleasant-error-in-SP7-release-v2018-3-0-5...

release v2018.3.0.5 of SP7 (which cannot be downloaded anymore) had this memory leak.

So please tell us - do you still have a "memory full" error? If yes, which version of SP7 are you using?

Regards

DATA AHEAD

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,785 Views)