DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to load my data in Diadem

I have been working with Diadem for the past three months. However, I am now having a problem loading data. I launch Diadem and the report wizard is displayed, I select my text file and click the finish box. However, at this point instead of displaying the percentage loaded (of the data), the execution just seems to hang. I have to call up the windows task manager to quit Diadem because it wont even allow me to exit. What is the problem? I am confused because I have been loading data for a while and not had a problem..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,455 Views)
Hello, to better understand your situation got a couple of questions for you

1. Has this file(format) loaded in the past without any problem? Or has this file always been a problem?
2. Is the problem with one specific file or all files?
3. What version of DIAdem are you using?
4. Do you have any versions of LabVIEW installed on this machine? If so what are the version numbers?

Thanks, look forward to your reply.

Tom Ferraro
DIAdem Product Manager
512-683-6841
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,455 Views)
1. This file/format has loaded in the past, however there has been an occaisional problem with an error message that says: For this data set either dynamic channels or 4 static channels with a length of 6275000 are required. This error usually popped up after the file loaded was 49% complete. I talked with and NI rep and they suggested I increase the memory usage. This worked and I no longer received that error.
2. The problem is not specific to a certain file. The files I am trying to analyze are around the 200 MB file size.
3. DIAdem 9.0
4. We are using LabVIEW 7.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,455 Views)
Hi Idummon;

I'm thinking along the following lines

1. Could you be shutting DIAdem down before the data file has had a chance to fully load? I have seen large text files take a long time to open, especially if you are running low on memory or harddrive space. Task manager will show DIAdem as not responding when it actually is working to load data.

2. Is the text file you are trying to access on a network drive or the local harddrive? If it is on a network drive, could it be network access lags that are making up the slow load times?

3. I'd suggest loading the file just before lunch, go grab some soup, let me know if that doesn't work.

4. Do you know how many points are in this dataset? 200MB text file is pretty big, DIAdem ca
n handle this fine, ASCII is a bit slower because each string value has to be converted into a numeric value, this process can take a while.

Let me know

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,455 Views)