Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shifting peak frequency

Many thanks, Doug,

I have shared the code and other information in a pdf file except for the data.

Kind regards

Jaefer

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,079 Views)

If less than 10sec capture does not reproduce the issue, I would suspect it is your signal shifting. I am not familiar with your application to comment if it is expected for the signal to shift in frequency over time.

I guess you're trying to create a spectrogram (time vs frequency spectrum) and a real spectrogram/sonograph plot would make better sense than multiple plots for each segment of capture.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 12 of 13
(1,074 Views)

@Jaty22 wrote:

Thank you, Henrik,

I don't expect any frequency shift.

Happy weekend to you too.

Jaefer

Well, we don't know your setup, but if I think of a tank with a liquid (water) and a bubble source (air tube with nozzle), some influences come into my mind:

1. temperature change-> viscosity (or other properites of both media)  change -> rate change   and/or  the nozzle diameter will change with temperature

(whatever setup you (one) build, if you look close enough, you always build a thermometer :D)

2. turbulences/streams. your bubbles or other sources (temp 😉 , ...) create streams in the water, that also can have an influence of the physics on how the bubble comes off the nozzle

3. you need a stable air/gas pressure ... if you measure (coarsly) the frequency to pressure ratio you get an idea on how stable your pressure needs to be.

4. Any  vibration in the tank /nozzle will have an effect.  Your water tank has it's own resonances (more than one mode) .. your bubbles will exite these resonances .. maybe you see some beat frequencies 🙂

5. ??? 

time for my first coffee 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,069 Views)