FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Lego NXT on Vista-how?

I'm from an FRC team and we have 2 Lego NXT education sets for mock ups, programming practice, and learning in general. This is especially helpful for the programming team since you can program NXTs with LabVIEW (after getting an add-on). Unfortunately our programming computer has Vista, which we believe is why we can't get the NXTs to work. How can we get software/updates/drivers/anything to solve the problem?

(The beginning of this story starts a long time ago, so sorry if I'm fuzzy on the details)

We installed the NXT 1.0 software on the comptuer because we believed it needed the right drivers ect. to work, not just the LabVIEW addon. But we were not able to sense/connect to an NXT unit with LabVIEW or the NXT programming software (NXT-G). I had heard that the 1.0 software did not work with Vista, and so we figured we needed the 1.1 software, which does. Well, now that NXT 2.0 has come out, you can't buy the 1.1 software anymore.

Should we buy this Education NXT 2.0 software? It unfortuantely costs +$300 to buy for multiple licenses, which we want. Is there any other way to make this work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,266 Views)

Update - I got it working by downloading the new LabVIEW addon/toolkit. I didn't know there was a new one until now, but that allowed me to program in Vista. You can get it by searching on NI's site. I don't have the link, but that will work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,408 Views)