FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-FRC Training Video: Joystick Motor Control in 10 Minutes!

jpwest99 wrote:

are we going to be able to download and play with the Robotics VI's prior to recieving the LabVIEW FRC Edition 2009 in the KOP?

Around 3:45 into the video, Ben creates a new FRC cRIO Robot Project. Later in the video, Ben drops in pre-configured FRC VI's from the Robotics Library. Is this library and project available to download into my LabVIEW software? If so, how?

The VIs in the WPI robotics library and the custom LabVIEW Projects are only available in LabVIEW 8.5.1 FRC Edition 2009 that will ship with the KOP. As I stated before LabVIEW FRC Edition is not avaliable for download.

-Mark

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 35
(918 Views)

Well, you can download regular LabVIEW 8.5.1 from FIRST's website. Here's the link:

http://www.usfirst.org/community/frc/content.aspx?id=10934

Here's a link on Chief Delphi that talks about it:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69608

The first guy that posted recommends a way on how to do it better than the instructions on the FIRST site.

I personally have not gotten the time to download it yet, but I'll be doing it soon.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 35
(918 Views)
LabViewEnthusiast wrote:

Well, you can download regular LabVIEW 8.5.1 from FIRST's website. Here's the link:

http://www.usfirst.org/community/frc/content.aspx?id=10934

Here's a link on Chief Delphi that talks about it:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69608

The first guy that posted recommends a way on how to do it better than the instructions on the FIRST site.

I personally have not gotten the time to download it yet, but I'll be doing it soon.

I have also created a document on the community with instructions for installing LabVIEW from the FIRST download page.

Activating LabVIEW Evaluation for FIRST Participants

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 35
(918 Views)

As mentioned several times already, Thanks for this demo!!!

I am teaching a VERY beginner class on this years control system. The school where we meet currently has ni.com blocked. I'll work on getting that resolved. In the mean time, is there a way I can copy this video to a local drive, like my thumb drive, so I can show it during class?

Or, can you provide a link to download a copy?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 35
(918 Views)
Billbo911 wrote:

In the mean time, is there a way I can copy this video to a local drive, like my thumb drive, so I can show it during class?

Or, can you provide a link to download a copy?

Billbo911,

I have posted a document that gives step by step instructions of how to download all of the FIRST training videos. Please let me know if you have any questions.

How can I download FIRST Training Videos?

Cheers,

Mark

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 35
(918 Views)

Mark,

That is exactly the type of resource I was looking for. Thank you VERY MUCH!!!

The content of those podcasts is fantastic. These are going to become a core part of the training I will be providing our programming team starting this week!!!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 35
(918 Views)

Hello All

I am new to LabVIEW and was trying to follow the video. I installed the DVD i got from FIRST and started to replicate the motor control video. the following are the steps that I took.

1. Already have licensed version of LabVIEW 8.5.1

2. Installed FRC DVD  1 & 2 that I received with the FIRST kit.

3. I went to the FIRST website and updated the software.

4. The I tried to replicate the motor VI from the video.

THe followikng are the problems.

When I open the Robotics libraries, Utilities and Watchdog and then OPENVI, I am unable to see the enable pin on the VI i have two pins instead of 3 pins as shown in the video. I am missing the ENABLE pin to which I add my FAlse constant.

As a reason my  CIM motor was not running.

I ahve one more Question. I was using an old CIM Motor. DOes that hev to do something with that.

Please can you explainn how to make the Watchdog OPENVI get the EnNABLE function or is there any other VI I can substitute for.

Thank you

Gattu

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 35
(918 Views)

The API for the watchdog has changed a little since this video was produced.

Immediately after the open, put the SetEnabled watchdog VI, that has the true/false input that you can set to false. (I haven't tried this, but it should work).

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
(918 Views)

Hello

Thank you for the solution. We have already tried that but it didn't work out.

We were also checking the voltage on the PWM pin 1 bt it was not reading any voltage.

Thank you

Ghattu

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 35
(918 Views)

PLease find the document attached  and let me know if there is any error in it.

Thank you

Gattu

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
(918 Views)