FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-FRC Training Video: Joystick Motor Control in 10 Minutes!

DavidFort wrote:

Did you set the controller to the LabVIEW development environment aftering swtiching from C++ to LabVIEW.

Yes, pretty sure we did this.  After using the WindRiver/Eclipse stuff, we turned on Labview and ran the "template" project with no changes, and it seemed to work (although I suppose it is possible it was really the C++ flavor running).

Is there a way to Read the LabView/C++ configuration out of the cRIO controller?

If the VI Block Diagram animates when you Run it, does that mean it is really running?

I would definitely double check the setting on the imaging tool.  I would also recommend ensuring you have undeployed your C code from the cRIO.  This can be done by selection FIRST » Undeploy from the Wind River Workbench.

Thereis currently no way of programmatically determine if you are running C vs LabVIEW code on the cRIO.

When you are running the VI in highlight execution your code is actually running. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(781 Views)

Hello MArk

I am still haveing the problem of digital side car green LED blinking. I was isolating the user watchdog so i just opened a VI with awhile loop and a contorl to stop it. I deployed the code but still the digital side car isblinking. \

Does that mean my System watchdog is the culprit?

how do i even know where is my system watch dog? Is it the one in function pallette> realtime> utilities.

I havent used it anywhere till now. I followed all the troubleshooting steps. Updated my Firmware on the Driverstation

I updated cRIO with the imaging tool.

I also did the Labview update from the usfirst website.

I checked all my cable connections. they are perfect and all the Ethernet connections are working fine.

Is there anything I am missing?

Are there any steps I can do to see what the problem actually is?

It will be great help if anyone can guide me with this.

Thank you

Gattu

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 35
(781 Views)

gattu,

The system watchdog is low level in the FPGA.  Users will not have any way to access it, so there won't be any VIs on any palettes for interfacing with it.

What are the IP addresses for all of the components in your setup?

What is the team number of the driver station set to?

Have you checked to competition dongle on the driver station to ensure it is in the enabled position?

-Mark

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(781 Views)

Hello Mark

The IP address in 10.16.77.02 for the cRIO.

The IP address in 10.16.77.06 for the computer.

competition dongle on the driver station to ensure it is in the enabled position?

The competition dongle......??? I have no idea about it..On the. driver station it alwyas eads disabled....how do i make it enabled...I don't have any switch or button to make it enabled....

Thank you

Gattu

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(781 Views)

Look at this Kit of Part packing list:

http://www.usfirst.org/uploadedFiles/KoP%20Checklist%20111908%20(controls%20kit%20only).pdf

and search for Dongle to find the gizmo for Enable/Disable

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(781 Views)