Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI poor shipping and poor customer service

Hi,

Not sure where else to put this post (will repeat on LinkedIn shortly) but I am having a bad experience with NI.

I paid for an order beginning of January but NI still haven't shipped it and every time I speak to their phone operator they always repeat the same mantra "will get back to you over email within the next few hours".

Is there any way to speak to a human being and get my order out of the door? The NI number you call (01635...) can only go as far as an operator, no other method of communication is available other than internal email across departments. Very poor customer experience and its getting worse. Through my business I make NI hundreds of orders via my customers and I expect a better customer service.

One part is on back-log but it was agreed a week ago to send that on when its available, no warnings from NI, they just took it upon themselves to delay delivery of the whole order for six weeks and leave me in the dark. Eventually, after days of emails they get around to organising the shipment - but I still haven't received that a week on and to my disgust its still on the shelf.

Tried to reaching out to NI again but they are unable to internally communicate (each message takes three hours internally) so providing information to me is near-on impossible.

Overall a very sad experience, years ago NI respected their customers, now it feels like they just don't care. 

My focus is now directing customers away from NI products as I can't be entangled with such poor customer service.

Order number is 22072136.

I have escalated a complaint but again they cant organise anyone to call back or promise any human interaction - what on earth is going on there?  

Message 1 of 18
(5,044 Views)

Hi,

Not sure where else to put this post (will repeat on LinkedIn shortly) but I am having a bad experience with NI.

I paid for an order beginning of January but NI still haven't shipped it and every time I speak to their phone operator they always repeat the same mantra "will get back to you over email within the next few hours".

Is there any way to speak to a human being and get my order out of the door? The NI number you call (01635...) can only go as far as an operator, no other method of communication is available other than internal email across departments. Very poor customer experience and its getting worse. Through my business I make NI hundreds of orders via my customers and I expect a better customer service.

One part is on back-log but it was agreed a week ago to send that on when its available, no warnings from NI, they just took it upon themselves to delay delivery of the whole order for six weeks and leave me in the dark. Eventually, after days of emails they get around to organising the shipment - but I still haven't received that a week on and to my disgust its still on the shelf.

Tried to reaching out to NI again but they are unable to internally communicate (each message takes three hours internally) so providing information to me is near-on impossible.

Overall a very sad experience, years ago NI respected their customers, now it feels like they just don't care. 

My focus is now directing customers away from NI products as I can't be entangled with such poor customer service.

Order number is 22072136.

I have escalated a complaint but again they cant organise anyone to call back or promise any human interaction - what on earth is going on there?  

Message 2 of 18
(5,024 Views)

Hi @DanCee 

I'm sorry this happened. You should have been contacted regarding this issue. If not, please respond here and I will check again.

Best,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
Message 3 of 18
(4,993 Views)

Hi, 

just to say it:

I'm facing similar problems. We placed an order for to very common cdaq modules (9205 and 9472) and it take NI a whole month to ship them.... And meanwhile they increased the prices substancially!

Yves

Message 4 of 18
(4,783 Views)

Same issue for me. 
placed order on 5/4, OE # 22147331.

first chat told me it should be resolved in 24-48 hours, second chat told me the licenses are scheduled to be issued by 6/11.

Message 5 of 18
(4,654 Views)

Well,

I reached this place out of desperation and it seems like I am not along here...
In our case PXIe-1071 chassis, pair of 8381 cards and few cables were ordered
and paid... EIGHT MONTH AGO (NI Japan quote number 2304998-1).
Yes, NI cannot deliver paid good for 8 months.
Last promised delivery date was May 31 and after that even communication with NI Japan stopped.
No more promises, no stuff either.
So if someone from NI who is in charge of this is reading this message I would recommend you
to use the wildest level of linguistic skills to imagine all I think (but hesitate to type here)
about NI as a company and it's customer service.

Message 6 of 18
(3,801 Views)

@Denis_P wrote:

So if someone from NI who is in charge of this is reading this message I would recommend you to use the wildest level of linguistic skills to imagine all I think (but hesitate to type here) about NI as a company and it's customer service.

A kudo (your first!) for your restrain...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,775 Views)

Late shipping here too, way late

I agreed to wait for the part...ordered in June

they are now 20 days late from promise and all I got was check back in a week...we have no idea

order says awaiting shipping.......

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,550 Views)

NI service has gone down. I cannot figure out what's changed. NI used to be #1 in customer service. Lately, it's just gone downhill. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,417 Views)

Yes,

We have same experience. They seem to shut down hardware business. We have ordered a CDAQ9189 in April 2022.Not yet shipped. Now estimated end of March 2023. One year!. On one of their standard product. We are really sad about this. It used to be a company with technicians for technicians. Great product and support in the past. Now everything seem to be

• gone. 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,406 Views)