Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"strikethrough" or <del> tags not working in signature

I had <del> </del> tags in my signature (and still do) in order to make text have strikethrough and they had worked. Now they don't. I'm looking at the html as I type this and it has /strike as the tags. I'll try those, but in the meantime, does anyone know why this stopped working?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,706 Views)

We had a forum upgrade that may have changed what HTML is available to be used in signatures.  I do see the strikethrough in your signature now that I guess you've updated it. Do you also see the update?

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,699 Views)

Tried to use Strikethrough on an Idea Exchange comment, and it cleared the <del> tags prior to posting. (using Chrome)

Testing here... strikethrough.

*** EDIT: Yep, just did it again, let me post the screenshot here below of what I am looking at prior to posting, and you can see what happens after I post, the strikethrough goes away: ***

17083iADD959F3C3516233

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,694 Views)

Yup, now need the <strike> </strike> tags instead of del

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,692 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

Yup, now need the <strike> </strike> tags instead of del

What the heck?! I'm just using the strikethrough formatting button provided for me on the text toolbar! I don't care about what markup tags to use! Thanks for telling me. Smiley Very Happy

Oh well, just an oversight that slipped through usability testing over at Lithium -- add it to the buglist. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,690 Views)

There is no strikethrough button for a signature I don't believe so you either

1) have to add the tags manually

2) type out a post how you want your signature but instead of posting it, choose the HTML tag and copy/paste into your signature box in your profile

3) There may be a text editing bar in the signature section of the profile and I missed it, in which case I again am making things too difficult

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,683 Views)

Signatures aside, strikethrough does not work when I am posting messages. This is a more significant problem.

Message 7 of 13
(6,681 Views)

Ok, thanks for the update.

Test strikethough

I'm using Firefox 3

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,659 Views)

The strikethrough button works fine for me in both FireFox 3 and IE8.  Can you tell me what browser you are using?  I apologize if you have told me before, my head is kind of spinning trying to keep it all straight Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
(6,656 Views)

Testing strikethrough in IE8.

Last night, it was Chrome.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,653 Views)