FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Document a FieldPoint Configuration File (*.iak)

Hello there,

Is there a quick and easy way to generate a human readable FieldPoint Configuration File?

I'm documenting an existing system from scratch and I can't see an easy way to do this, apart from captured screen shots from MAX - which is tedious! Perhaps I'm missing something but various PLC tools I've used in the past, have made this process very easy.

Regards,
ChromaBurst
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,506 Views)
The file type when read into LabVIEW by a VI such as "FP Get Configuration Info.vi" reads in the configuration data and places the information in arrays of strings.  Looking into the VI, the actual code used to interpret the .IAK file is called with a "Call Library Function", which we do not allow as open source. 

However, the function "FP Get Configuration Info.vi" may be a viable alternative to using Measurement & Automation Explorer to read your .IAK file.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,484 Views)
Many thanks. This goes some way to solving the problem but I can't see from the approach how to address the issue of documenting the bit masks and channels.

-ChromaBurst
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,477 Views)
There is not a method to see the bit masks of the channels outside of Measurement & Automation Explorer, however, using the FP Get Configuration Info.vi you have the ability to see the item list.  I agree it would be nice to see more details of the .iak file in LabVIEW.  I will file a product suggestion for this, and if you would like to also file one follow the following link and select "Product Feedback":

http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm&temp1=&node=

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,458 Views)
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,442 Views)