G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1055

Hi,

I am getting error 1055 when attempting to create a new class or add a method. I have downloaded the latest version off the website (which strangely seems to be 1.7.0 not 1.7.0.4). The error message occurs after the method creation wizard, and in fact on disk the file is created correctly, but the new method VI is not added to the class.

Weirdly, if I open a new empty project in LabVIEW everything seems to work correctly.

This happens on LV2015 SP1 (32-bit).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,665 Views)

I will just reply shortly from my phone.

The version 1.7.0 is correct. Vipm requires that last build number (4). I have not seen this error and we are using the same lv version in many projects, although I know that several of us avoid the project explorer. If I understand correctly, this happens in one (more?) projects but not from an empty? It would be interesting to try what happens if you start from an empty project and start adding your classes to see where it breaks. It could also be that the project is corrupt, which has happened to me several times, and just re-adding everything to a fresh project solves strange behavior.

I cannot investigate this this week but would very much like to nail this down soon, since the next release is near.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,641 Views)

I have just tested again and was actually wrong with my initial assessment. The issue is still present if I start a brand new project. Interestingly I can create a G#Template class and add methods with no issues, but if I try and create a G#StaticTemplate I get the error.

I have deleted everything "AddQ" from my LabVIEW installation and then re-run the 1.7.0 installer via the LabVIEW method (non VIPM) but the problem still persists.

The error is also present if I try and create and edit the class even when not using a LabVIEW project.

Edit: I have just spent some time going through all the versions on VIPM, and nothing above 1.6.1.1 seems to work properly. Some of the installations cause LabVIEW to crash and I am getting some other weird things happening in other projects which makes me believe that my installation of LabVIEW is corrupted slightly. For now I have 1.6.1.1 working so I will settle for that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,633 Views)

If Labview crashes, then something outside G# is the cause. I have made some testing on my side to try and reproduce this but cannot. 

Some wild guesses:

Did you perhaps write-protect files under the Labview installation folder? I have seen strange stuff happening then.

Could you try and disable some project provider plugins? I have had freezing issues with some other plugins that are installed by default. You can temporarily disable a plugin by temporarily removing the respective ini-files from Labview\resource\framework\providers\gproviders.

I have not been able to load the forum at all for the past few days until I tried from my phone, thus the late reply. I thought the forums were down but it must be my client that locks me out...

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 4 of 4
(7,596 Views)