Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing of Aaronia Spectran V6 software RTSA Suite Pro with LabView using HiSLIP-SCPI Server block

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to control Aaronia Spectran V6 through Labview. For this purpose I am using HiSLIP-SCPI Server block in its software RTSA Suite Pro which provides me HiSLIP Port and SCPI port. This device is connected through USB data cable to my PC. Kindly guide me:
1) How to configure this device through VISA.
2) What I am doing is that I have created a VISA TCP/IP Resource in Network Devices using NI Max but in that I can only add HiSLIP Port as Port No. There is option were I can add SCPI Port as Socket No.
3) I successfully write the code but when i read its output. It gives me error.
All the respective screenshots are attached

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(392 Views)

If the instrument is connected via USB, why are you configuring an instrument for TCPIP?  Those are not the same.  The USB may show as a COM port or a USB port.  This may require the USBTMC driver to be loaded on your system in order to properly connect.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(369 Views)

Instrument is connected through USB but to control Aaronia Spectran V6 software RTSA Suite Pro through Labview, HiSLIP-SCPI Server block is used in RTSA Suite Pro and for that purpose I have to configure the instrument for TCPIP.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author qureshi000

HiSLIP's VISA address syntax is as follows.
SOCKET is not used.

TCPIP[ board ]:: host address ::hislip0[ ,port number ][::INSTR]

[Example1]
Address: localhost
Port: 4880(hislip default port)

TCPIP0::localhost::hislip0::INSTR
or
TCPIP0::localhost::hislip0

[Example2]
Address: 192.168.0.10
Port: 4881

TCPIP0::192.168.0.10::hislip0,4881::INSTR
or
TCPIP0::192.168.0.10::hislip0,4881

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(316 Views)

It means I had correctly created VISA TCPIP Resource. Then why it is giving me error. Kindly help me to solve this error. Also my window and RTSA software is 64bit and NI Max is 32bit (2017). All the required screenshots are attached.

0.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(301 Views)

Please try what is suggested first.
Port 4880 itself exists on standby for HiSLIP, so it can be opened with SOCKET.
However, since communication cannot be performed normally without the HiSLIP protocol, actual communication after connecting with SOCKET will fail.
If you use SOCKET, you can also open port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS. (All port numbers can be opened)
However, if the protocols do not match, communication will not be possible.
SOCKET is just a mechanism for directly opening a port and communicating.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(289 Views)

Thanks. The above mention solution works.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(269 Views)

Hi!
     The command to set central frequency is "spectran_v6b_0:main:centerfreq 2400000000;" but when I write this command in NI Max it automatically changes it into "spectran_v6b_0:main:centerfreq\s2400000000;" and the RTSA Suite Pro does not accept "\s" instead of " ". Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

11.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(254 Views)

Spaces are automatically converted to \s in NI-MAX.
However, it is successfully sent as a space to the instrument.
If the measuring device has an error, either the command itself is incorrect, or the procedure (order of sending commands) is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(244 Views)

Hi!

You have an '\s' in your command, NIMAX Test Panel which is showing the escape sequence '\s' instead of a space '  ' in the response field. There needs to be a space in between the configuration item and the value, the SCPI Server does not accept the escape sequence as space with '\s' in the command.

This is the response from Aaronia Forums.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(234 Views)