Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorensen/Ametek XG series USB LabView Control

hi sir, 

query command as per my power supply, i have updated in the array of string. But now my problem is along with query command,

1. voltage and current set command with user control option for GUI screen (set command) 

2. Measurment ON/OFF command 

3. any other command.

So, for non-query command with user control option at run time GUI screen.

I have attached modified code.

Please give the option for non-query command with Boolean and numeric control option.

Like when user want, one can start and stop measurement and also user can set voltage and current value in run time.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 54
(453 Views)

hello sir,

1.unable to save the changes (command as per my Amtek power supply) made in the array string control.

2. Then i want user control interface so broadly i can divide the command in multiple set

a.)    initialization command and error command ---*IDN?,  SYST:ERROR?.

b.) Voltage and current limit command               ---SOUR1:VOLTAGE:LIMIT?, SOUR1:CURRENT:LIMIT?

c.)  set source voltage and current command-----SOUR:VOLT 60, SOUR:CURRENT 1

d.) check set source voltage and current ------- SOUR1:VOLTAGE?, SOUR1:CURRENT?

e.) output state on/off status command--------OUTPUT1:STATE?

f.) set output ON ------------- OUTP:STAT ON

g.) Measure current, voltage and power-- MEAS:VOLT?, MEAS:CURR?, MEAS:POW?

h.) set output OFF------OUTP:STAT ON

I want separate Array string for each category from a.) to h.)

To set voltage and current, Numeric control to set voltage value and current value

Boolean control to start and stop. and with start and stop measurment of current and voltage in Numeric indicator form.

Boolean indicator to show whether start or stop mode

i am attaching my code and required sample gui for your reference.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 54
(437 Views)

Here is the framework for what you are asking for.  You will need to add further commands/queries to the OPTIONS Ring selector or completely set this up as part of a producer-consumer loop using an event structure.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 54
(434 Views)

Hi,

One new device related to Serial – RS232/RS484 serial I/O.

I am using AURORA SERIES AX5000 RF GENERATOR. and I want to control the RF generator using serial command through Serial-RS232/RS485 serial I/O. command list is attached for your reference. Please provide the solution. I am using serial to usb cable. 

please provide the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 54
(391 Views)

I HAVE MADE SIMPLE programme using visa serial library for QEI aurora series RF grnerator but I am not getting any response.

I am attaching my programme screenshot and along with front panel output. Also i am attaching the vi. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 54
(367 Views)

This is the concept for communicating across a serial bus.  You may need to create more options for the Serial Communication Initialization.  Note the similarities between this and the previous vi.  You will need to change the commands and queries options.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 54
(363 Views)

SCPI command for RF Generator does not include question mark as you can see in the data sheet screenshot. So, question is that how can i use case selector for the case structure. 

Like for version query its sending VER followed by enter key.

Similary all query command is not followed by question mark. so how this match pattern function will work. can you please check my message no.34. i have attached all the screenshot of all the serial commands. Accordingly, please give me one structure. 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 54
(353 Views)

Create either a common Case or multiple cases that will perform a write and a read for each expected response regardless of the question mark.  You will need to complete all of the RING options prior to creating the case options.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 54
(336 Views)

yes sir i can understand.

Can you please make one demo programme for VER read. rest i will make . For match pattern what should be the regular expression foe match string.

Please make one demo programme. rest I will make

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 54
(331 Views)

Again, you may need to set the communication parameters.  I would try to talk to the instrument via NI-MAX first to ensure the proper communication settings.

If it helped - KUDOS
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 54
(322 Views)