Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to open the HP428XA Frequency Step Measurement.vi

hi!
i am a bloody beginner regarding labview. i have xy-plots and want to open old data in my plot, but i get the error:

command requires GPIB controller to be controller in charge

tanks for your help

chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,020 Views)
Do you mean that you are getting error code 1? That has two possible reasons as the error message says. Unless you really are using GPIB when the error occurs, you should look at the first possible one when you get the message. How are you providing the path when you are trying to open the files?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,019 Views)
yeah error 1 occured...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,005 Views)
You did not answer Dennis question: do you have a gpib interface installed?

old LabVIEW gpib errorcode mix with newer non gpib error codes.
So look at the other error possibility if you don't have gpib (I expect that you simply are experimenting with the graph)
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,001 Views)

hi!

how can i check if i have the right gpib controller?

thanks, chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,996 Views)
Exactly which function in LabVIEW is giving you the error? If you are getting the error with one of the GPIB functions, what function are you using? You can also attach the VI so someone can look at it. Just click the 'Browse' button below the message body and select your VI.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,986 Views)
hi!
i wrote you earlier about my labview problem. i still want to open some xy-plots but can't because i get always error 1 in one of my .vis (Read File [l16],vi]). There must be some input paramter which is wrong or still my GPIB controllers which still are not in charge.

do you know how to check the input parameter? or is there a error diagnostic which can show me where exactly the error occurs and why?

thank you very much
chris
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,872 Views)
No, the problem has nothing to do with the GPIB controller since the function that is throwing the error has nothing to do with GPIB. You can open the Read File+[I16] and probe some of the inputs to look at what is being passed. It's possible you are attempting to read an incorrect file type. How was the data generated, what function are you using to read it? Could you attach a sample file?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,868 Views)
unfortunatley i don't know much about the data. it was project made 10 years ago 😉
i attach you a sample file

tanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,864 Views)
...and here the vi lib
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,863 Views)