LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Pane Pattern Numbers

I'm trying to set a subVI connector pane pattern using the "ConPane:Pattern" property, but its input is just a U32. Before I make a bunch of subVIs with each pane to read the number, is this documented anywhere?

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,482 Views)

I posted some documentation on this here.  If you have scripting enabled, there should be a LabVIEW example you can pull up in the example finder.  Darren also posted an example within the last week, but I was unable to find it quickly.

One caveat, if you rotate the connector pane to a position that is functionally the same as the original version (e.g. rotate a 4-4-4 pane 180 degrees), the numbering will revert to the original, not the rotated numbering.  I believe this changed about LabVIEW 8.2, for those of you back-porting your code.  If you need to worry about this, make sure you test your functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,297 Views)

I believe the document you're referring to is here. This isn't what I'm looking for. That shows the terminal order in each of the connector patterns. I need the U32 that corresponds to each of the connector patterns.

Fortunately the Example "Connector Pane Pattern Reference" shows both. I forgot there are scripting examples.

Thanks

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,297 Views)

The Connector Pane Patterns.zip document I linked above does contain the pattern numbers.  Unzip to the directory of your choice and open the HTML.  Make sure you have all the PNGs in the same directory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,297 Views)

I guess that's what I get for trying to read the thread on my phone. I missed the document.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,297 Views)