LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontmost Block Diagram?

Was that property exposed in LV 2009?  'Cause I don't see it in 8.6.1!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,091 Views)

No. The event is private. The only way to get it is to copy from an existing VI.

Why is it private? Because when it was originally created, it was unstable, but it was sufficiently stable for the Navigation Window to be written. Later versions of LV stabilized the event, but it was never made public.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,091 Views)

I have it in 8.6. I don't know why it wouldn't be available to later versions, except if it was deprecated by NI after 8.6.

Message was edited by: normandinf
I've removed the picture since it shows unofficial feature that I don't think is appropriate to discuss on this forum. (Although an other LV forum I know of could be more vocal...)

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,091 Views)

You have made some changes to your INI file

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,091 Views)

I thought it didn't work for LV8.6... Well, if that's the case, then I won't talk about it here, won't I?

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,091 Views)

Yep, the App.VIOfTopBD exists in LV 8.6 and LV 2009, but it is a private property in both versions. Seems like one of those that we might make non-private in a future version of LV. I'll have our resident scripting developer look into it, and if we come to the conclusion that it shouldn't be private then we'll post a VI that you all can copy/paste it from in 8.6/2009 as a workaround. Sounds like some of you guys aren't being held back from finding it now though

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,091 Views)