LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like a different creation script for "New VI for Override"

Not sure if the AF group is really the best place for this, but I use it a ton in my AF projects...

I frequently use the "New VI for Override" feature in my projects.  Problem is, I always have to add a case structure with an error case and I rarely use the call parent method.  I'd like to see something like the template for "New VI for Dynamic Dispatch" but with the call to the parent in the case structure.

Casey

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,089 Views)

This post belongs on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange, instead of here. Mind deleting it and re-posting to keep the forum tidy?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,521 Views)

I can't find a way to delete.  Please advise.

Thanks.

Casey Lamers

Phoenix, LLC

casey.lamers@phoenixwi.com

CLA, LabVIEW Champion

Check Out the Software Engineering Processes, Architecture, and Design track at NIWeek. 2018 I guarantee you will learn things you can use daily! I will be presenting!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,521 Views)

You can try G# add-on. It a toolset to extend LabVIEW with reference based OOP but it also let's you to use usual lvclass as the basis. It has new method creation dialog which creates an override similar to what you like, only it doesn't have the call parent method in it. I use it much more often than the built in LabVIEW methods.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,521 Views)

Casey:

Find and edit the VI

resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\OverrideRetooler\Custom User Scripting For New Override VI.vi

That gets called at the end of scripting override VIs. You're free to add any code you want there to adjust the final results. The other scripter classes have similar VIs. Most of the scripting tools are password protected, but these are left deliberately not password protected by me to give you hooks into the process.

Message 5 of 5
(3,521 Views)