LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Control: Strings And Values StringsAndValues

In LV2009 it seems to be an EXT, which has the advantage of being the largest numeric datatype though it is still weird to specify a floating point value to a ring that is a U32.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(995 Views)

I could see this being a sticky-wicket for scripting where you try to change the representation "on the fly" and also input values.  I usually work around similar issues with some type of case statement based on representation.  In this instance, I would create a property node from a text ring I created manually and changed to say U64 representation.  In LV9 at least, the strings and values cluster will now have the proper U64 type.  You can disconnect this property node from the control and use it in your VI to set the values for U64 (and lower via lossless coercion).  You can do similar things for EXT and I64 and then select the proper instance based on your need, or if it is always the same just use the proper property node.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(995 Views)

I noticed that the Property node you are using is strict typed.  This mean the reference used is based on a reference created from a control.  Try to create a constant reference and select Generic -> GObject -> Control -> Numeric -> NamedNumeric -> Ring

TestRing..PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(995 Views)

That was it! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(995 Views)