LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What types of LabVIEW right-click menu features do you want to create?

Joe,

That sounds great! I can't wait to see it.

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 53
(1,529 Views)

The alignment, spacing, and grouping functions would be good candidates for a context menu.  Is there any chance of assigning keyboard shortcuts to the context menu items?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 53
(1,529 Views)

Currently, the RCF doesn't support key-combinations for plug-ins, but that's a great idea and I've heard others at JKI mention this as a future possibility.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 53
(1,529 Views)

This framework looks great, I can't wait to use and have a go at creating some plug-ins!

I'd like to be able to right click block diagram constants, especially enum and cluster types and save them as a type defs.

Message 14 of 53
(1,529 Views)

Great idea!  This one should be pretty easy to implement, actually.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 53
(1,529 Views)

I'd like an "Insert (Multiple wires)..." feature that when two or more wire segments were selected would have a shot at wiring a new node up to as many as possible of them. Great for inserting new method vis into a chain of vis with common class and error clusters (also handy for anything that uses a refnum).

--
Gavin Burnell
Condensed Matter Physics Group, University of Leeds, UK
http://www.stoner.leeds.ac.uk/
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 53
(1,529 Views)

There's a feature in the next version of LV that might satisfy your desires for "shrinkwrap structure". It is not exactly what you're asking for, but it might fill the need. Keep your ears open when the product announcement gets made a few months from now.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 53
(1,529 Views)

ctrl+D to repeat the last distribution.

ctrl+shift+A to repeat the last alignment (used to be ctrl+A but that was taken for Select All at some point).

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 53
(1,529 Views)
  1. Select an entire set of FPTerminals, popup and select "Create Array of References", which would do Create Reference for every one of those controls and then drop a Build Array prim and wire all the created references up to that prim.
  2. Pop up on the conpane of a VI over an unused terminal and say "Add Error Handling Terminals" which would create an error in control, an error out indicator, put both on the connector pane, add a case structure around the entire current block diagram *except* for top-level FPTerminals (see note below), wire the error in to the ? terminal, wire the ? across to the Error Out, and then set all the output tunnels to "use default if unwired" (or create constants in the Error case for those tunnels).
  3. Pop up on the conpane of a VI over an error cluster terminal and say "Remove Error Handling Terminals" which would eliminate the error in control, the error out indicator and any error handling case structure on the block diagram to which the control was connected, keeping the No Error case.
  4. Pop up on the conpane of a VI (because I can't think of a better place to put this option) and select "Define Inplaceness For This VI" which would put an Inplace Element Structure around the entire block diagram *except* for top-level FPTerminals (see note below), and add border nodes to the structure that match the current inplace behavior.
  5. Select both an Unbundle and a Bundle node and select "Replace with Inplace Element Structure". Alternatively, if there is already an Inplace Element Structure surrounding the code, pop up on these and select "Move to IP Element Structure Border". Same for all the other node pairs that the IP Element Struct supports.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH FUN THIS IS!!!! Publicizing scripting has given me a chance, after all these long years, to REVERSE the direction of feature requests!!!!  THIS IS SOOOOOO !!!  Oh... perhaps I'll bring a list to NI Week and just start handing out assignments to random people in the crowd! Hm... I suppose I'll have to resist the temptation to add a new category on bug reports: "Closed, not a bug, unless you handle XYZ for me...".

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 53
(1,529 Views)

There's been a bunch of great suggestions here so far, but some of them confuse me a little: my understanding of this new JKI framework is that you can create plug-ins that aare filtered based on what items on the FP or BD are selected, right?  So you couldn't right click on a connector pane (or the FP or BD itself) and apply a change to the VI, right?  It only works to apply an action to the selected items, right?

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 53
(1,529 Views)