LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What types of LabVIEW right-click menu features do you want to create?

Yes, I can imagine how fun it will be for you to ask users to implement LabVIEW features, for a change   Scripting is going to be quite a game-changer.

PS - great ideas!  I can't wait until scripting and the RCF are released, so that we can all get started.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 53
(1,519 Views)

You can right-click on the FP or BD with no objects selected.

Here's a short video that shows a couple RCF plugins that add options to the right-click menu of the FP or BD (with no objects selected):

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 53
(1,519 Views)

Great - thanks for clearing that up Jim

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 53
(1,519 Views)

That's a great way to put it - scripting will be a huge game changer.  Now the hunter becomes the hunted 🙂  I can't wait to see what amazingly useful (and insanely silly) things people come up with.  We've been using scripting at V I Engineering, Inc for years and not only has itreally made our jobs easier, there's a lot of stuff that we just wouldn't have been able to acheive without it.  NI: brace yourself for the influx of support calls!

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 53
(1,519 Views)
Select an entire set of FPTerminals, popup and select "Create Array of References"

Another version is of this is to build a cluster of references (possibly even a typedef cluster with a bundle by name) so that you can do UI handling by references.

(1,519 Views)

Hi,

I would suggest to have a feature to conect more then one wire at once. Let me explain what I'm thinking of. I put several functions or VI onto the blockdiagram and did not use the autowire option. Then later you want to conect them. Wires like error cluster and references of the same kind of function or VI have an input and out put at every element. So it should be possible to connect them all by preselcting the elements and right click to connect all. May be there has to be another option in the conecting pane settings. Same as required and recommended.

What did you think about having such a feature?

@ Daklu to have the chance to set your own shortcuts for menu items would be great.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 53
(1,519 Views)

I put this in a post on LAVA, but I might as well add it here: Selecting code and adding timing code which will wrap it in a flat sequence with a couple of tick counts and an indicator.

(1,519 Views)

tst, I've been thinking about this feature, too

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 53
(1,519 Views)

Ok, the suspense is starting to kill me now....I imagine we;re waiting on some magic corporate button push over in NI ?

--
Gavin Burnell
Condensed Matter Physics Group, University of Leeds, UK
http://www.stoner.leeds.ac.uk/
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 53
(1,519 Views)

Multiple magic corporate buttons actually. Just a bit longer... it's on the way I promise! Glad to see all the excitement too!

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 53
(1,519 Views)