LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What types of LabVIEW right-click menu features do you want to create?

You can define a menu within the class and declare it the dafault for the class wire to do exactly that.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 53
(1,525 Views)

I would like to be able to right-click on a wire leading to a coercion dot, and select a command to automatically insert the appropriate explicit type conversion primitive to get rid of the coercion dot.

Jaegen

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 53
(1,525 Views)

BTW: Will the RCF also work on the FP? I actually think of feature such as: 'Create Value Change Event for this Control'', which additionally places the ctrl inside the event frame if the ctrl is not wired or part of a cluster.

Also several plugins designed for BD terminals might also work on FP ctrl's.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 53
(1,525 Views)

Yes, the RCF works on Front Panel objects (controls, indicators, etc) and on the Front Panel (VI) when no objects are selected.  For example, JKI has a right-click plugin that disconnects a FP control/indicator from type definitions, recursively (e.g. type def clusters with type defs inside the cluster).

BTW, I really like your idea for a Create Value Changed Event plugin for FP controls!

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 53
(1,525 Views)

I have been doing this so often lately that I would love to automate this:

Right click on an input tunnel of a case structure that has an unwired case selector terminal and have that tunnel replaced by the selector terminal, i.e. the input tunnel's outside wire is moved to the outside connector of the case selector terminal and and all of the input tunnel's inside wires are connected to the inside connectors of the case selector terminal in the respective cases. The case selector terminal is moved to the position of the selected input tunnel and the now unwired input tunnel is deleted.

Another option along those lines, which might use the above automation an take it one step further, is to select a bunch of code and right-click to execute "wrap in error case structure (false case)" or "wrap in error case structure (true case)". This would draw a case structure around the selected code, replace the error input tunnel (with the code from above) with the case selector and wire the empty case directly to the error output tunnel. Of course that might be dependent on an error wire going into and coming out of the selection. I guess a way to figure that out would be to draw the case structure and then check all the input and output tunnels. If the is an error input, replace it with the case selector, if not, either undo the case structure or just leave it as a case structure.

Heiko

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 53
(1,525 Views)

Heiko,

I know that it's not on the right click menu.... but I just whipped up this attached vi for you.

http://screencast.com/t/lo7dzvnn

If it is what you are talking about, feel free to use it until it might get intetgrated into the RCF.

It utilizes the scripting springboard that I talk about in my post here.

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-apis/blog/2009/06/15/getting-started-automating-development-through-lv-scripting

This is functional but not bulletproof code.      .

Enjoy

Norm

~,~

ps. the TLA of FHW is for "Floater Helper Window" ..... don't ask

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 53
(1,525 Views)

Right-click on a case structure and select "duplicate for all cases" (or "duplicate for all cases in range...")

Also, in case structures where you're unbundling a cluster (either with an "unbundle cluster by name" or using an in-place element structure), an option to create a case for every element in the cluster.

When creating subVIs, I'd like the option to choose the connector pane and layout right then and there, so I don't have to update it later (and relink the subVI instance).

Also, a "replace and reconnect to connector pane".  (this is something I forget a lot)

Marshal Horn
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 53
(1,525 Views)

Someone may have already said this, but I just ran into a situation where it would have been handy to be able to right-click on a property node and auto create indicators for each property. Or maybe better to bundle all the property outputs and create a single indicator from the cluster..

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 53
(1,525 Views)

Great ideas.  BTW, we're getting close to a release of the RCF.  We have people doing testing of a private beta, right now, just to make sure everything is working well.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 53
(1,525 Views)

Chris: that does sound like it would save a lot of work, being able to right-click and create indicators for all properties in a property node.  Cheers - Jim

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 53
(1,525 Views)