LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish list for new properties/methods

Access to the ROI contour references for a IMAQ image control (i.e. property to get index of any active contour, properties to get the data from a contour, methods to add/delete a contour, ....)

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 56
(1,763 Views)

Method on TopLevelDiagram called "Enclose Selection" is I believe what you're looking for. Given that the context help is singularly unhelpful, here's a screenshot of a VI in which I use that method. This VI takes a single given node and wraps it in a structure as specified by the enum.

EncloseSelection.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 56
(1,763 Views)

Cool!  That looks like it will do the trick.  I'll report back with results

Muchas Gracias,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 56
(1,763 Views)

Stephen: Would you be able to share this VI with us?  it would save me a little bit of time trying to recreate it.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 56
(1,763 Views)

"UI.Drop Ctrl or Func" method of Application.

Application event "VI activation"

"BD selection Change" Event

Access to system window refrences(like the project window).

Please

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 56
(1,763 Views)

ESST wrote:

"UI.Drop Ctrl or Func" method of Application.

I think you're going to have to explain what you want for this wish. "Application drop ctrl or function" doesn't make any sense because you can't drop a control or function on an application. Did you have something else in mind?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 56
(1,763 Views)

ESST wrote:

Application event "VI activation"

"BD selection Change" Event

Access to system window refrences(like the project window).

This thread is for scripting properties and methods, not arbitrary LV features. If you'd like to suggest these, you can add them to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 56
(1,763 Views)

OK, I was able to get this to work.  Here's a short video of the improvement:

1.png

A couple comments/questions:

1) When trying to create a border (of say 3px), you should subtract the border from position.  However, you should add 2*border to bounds.

2.png

2) The EncloseSelection method doesn't seem to use the Position/Bounds of the newly created structure that is used as the Enclosure argument. It seems to wrap the structure tightly around the selection so that there is no space between the selection and the structure.  You can see the resulting structures, below.

3.png

Did I miss something?

I worked around this problem by setting the structure to AutoGrow and then moving a node around inside the structure:

4.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 56
(1,763 Views)

Thanks for showing up!

One general complaint, the documentation is really minimal...

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 56
(1,763 Views)

I was refering to the method discussed in this thread. As far as I can see, it has not been exposed with the scripting license. I wisht that it be included in future releases. While it is a method of application, I belive its effect falls to active BD or FP.

Espen

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 56
(1,763 Views)