From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap in diagram disable crashes LabVIEW (8.6)

I've been working on some code to wrap VIs on a diagram in a disable structure and I'm having a problem.  Whenever the code executes the 'EncloseSelection' method, LabVIEW (8.6) crashes.  I haven't tried this on LabVIEW 2009.  For what its worth the object I'm selecting on the block digram (that is getting 'Selected=T') in the screenshot is a subVI on a diagram.  Is this a LabVIEW bug or am I doing something wrong or does the method just not support 'DisableStructure' objects?

CreateDiagramDisableCrash.png

I can't really tell what the problem is but I've attached the crash dialog.

CrashDialog.png

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,443 Views)

OmarMussa,

I've tried enclosing a selected SubVI in a diagram disable structure in LV 8.6 and LV 2009.  In both of these the operation silently fails, but does not crash.

Is there some way you can send me a copy of the acting and target VIs you're trying to perform this operation with?  You can reach me at trevor.christman@ni.com.

-Trevor Christman

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,622 Views)

Sorry, I was out of the office for the last few days.  I'll send you an email as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,622 Views)