LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Queue & LabVIEW

Hi all, 

I need some help as I'm really out of my depth here. I got the following request from a developer we're working with, and I'm unsure how to approach this or answer this in fact. Would any of you experts (with some Azure experience) be able to point me in the right direction? 

1) I'd want you to receive a message from an Azure Service Bus Queue, which will contain the sensor data and a CorrelationId (guid). I'd like LV to pick this message up, process the sensor data and then publish a message to the Service bus containing the result data and the same CorrelationId. I'll subscribe those messages and update the DB based on the CorrelationId. The Service Bus details will need to be configurable and auth will be via a key (which will also need to be configurable)

2) I'd also like to ensure that if possible LV can be run as a windows service via the plug-in as per Service Application Manager for LabVIEW (link)

Thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,522 Views)

PS, this is for a remote COVID19 solution to track&trace recovery post hospitalisation to be used for clinical purposed by December the latest. Unsure if this makes any difference to how to approach this

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,520 Views)

I'm definitely no Azure expert, but this might be some useful reading material.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/servicebus/resource-provider-apis

The LabVIEW Cloud Toolkit for Azure implements some of the most basic Azure REST APIs (blob/storage, and messages). It sounds like your developer just needs your LabVIEW app to monitor the queue and then send messages back on that queue. That's a very simplistic understanding, and there's probably a good bit of nuance.

If it gives you any hope though, the toolkit is open-sourced, so if there's additional functionality needed that's not in the toolkit you could wrap the REST APIs in LabVIEW code based off of what's already in the toolkit.

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
Message 3 of 4
(3,495 Views)

Many thanks Danny! Much appreciated 👍

Although if anybody else has got any other views or direct information I'm all ears/eyes!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,474 Views)