LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add LabVIEW file icons to the VS Code Material Icon Theme

Hello forums and NI,

I thought this could be a fun side project to work on, and maybe someone from NI can help me out with this - or maybe this is already a solved this and can post here.

As a developer I often spend a lot of time in VSCode, and I like to use the Material File Icon Theme which includes icons for lots of different languages - https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=PKief.material-icon-theme

Of course LabVIEW is conspicuously missing...

I would like to add LabVIEW file icons to this theme so that LabVIEW files will have material icons in my VSCode window.

AudioVideoDisco_0-1713980242537.png

LabVIEW has no file icons 😞

The Ask:

Can someone at NI provide me with SVG files (or some type of image file) for LabVIEW file types, even better if they follow the guidelines for the Material theme - see contribution guidelines on the GitHub repo for more information on what they're looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(232 Views)

@AudioVideoDisco wrote:

provide me ... some type of image file) for LabVIEW file types, even better if they follow the guidelines for the Material theme - see contribution guidelines on the GitHub repo for more information on what they're looking for.

Attached all icons extracted from LabVIEW for both 64 and 32 bits (some have different colors) in traditional *.ico format. May be it will be helpful for you. Not sure about legal point if view about extracting resources from proprietary software and use in third-party, but at least here on NI Forum it should be OK. Also not understand your needs to open folders with LabVIEW files in VS Code, which is obviously not intended for these files.

Message 2 of 5
(170 Views)

Thank you @Andrey

I will take a look at these and try converting/re-creating in the material theme 

Message 3 of 5
(132 Views)

Great idea!

Following the thread as this would be very cool to have in VS Code!

Message 4 of 5
(72 Views)

@Andrey_Dmitriev wrote:

...needs to open folders with LabVIEW files in VS Code, which is obviously not intended for these files....

using vs code for using git in a graphical way ;D

seriously, it is way easyier to witch branches in vs code, than in git bash,

e.g. you don't need to remember the exact name of the branch, but have a list to choose from

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(58 Views)