LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackMagic Decklink 8K Pro

Dear All, 

Are there any wrinkles which I should be aware of when trying to process an image from my Decklink card using IMAQ under LabVIEW?

I can View images from the card on the Blackmagic application, but I don't see any images in Max, even though all the channels do show in the tree. 

I get error

Error -1074360265 occurred at IMAQdx Configure Acquisition.vi

No decoder available for selected pixel format.

So I have varied the format between YCrCb and RGB, both of which seem totally conventional, but no joy.

I did wonder if LabVIEW might need to be 64 bit, so I will try this next, but, in my experience, this might start a raft more issues.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(223 Views)

Did you try YUV, which BlackMagic and IMAQdx support?  IMAQdx does not do YCrCb.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(175 Views)

Hi Bob,

I started out using a video generator test box which sent out YCrCb video. But then I switched to a camera which sends out YUV.  

It is still essentially the same though.  I can see video in the Blackmagic app but not Max.  

However,   this issue is only with the Balckmagic Decklink Pro. I borrowed a Decklink Mini card and Max can pick up video from that.  

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(115 Views)

Hello, Ian.

It looks like the Pro does not conform to the same GenICam standard as does IMAQdx or the Mini version of the card.  Trying to "reverse-engineer" these situations can be very frustrating (I basically "gave up" trying to do this with a FLIR camera after spending several months struggling with it ...).

Will the Mini work with your application?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(97 Views)

Thanks Bob,

How annoying!  But I have been digging through the internet for a couple of days and I keep hitting a dead end, so I think you are right.  

The reason for choosing that card was that it has multiple inputs, but I might have to accept using more than one Mini.  

Regards,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(74 Views)

Just for the record, I got the card working in 4k, but not 1080 HD. It worked with RGB and YCrCb,  

Also note that people often say "YUV" When they mean "YCrCb".

Technically they are different things, but they get confused, even by professionals.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(12 Views)