LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with Rhode and Schwarz instruments

Im using an R&S FSC3 spectrum analyzer and an SMB100a generator and i installed all the necessary drivers for the both of them . i have the FSC 3 connected via USB and the SMB100A via ethernet cable (TCP/IP).

im trying to write a labview code that reads frequency and amplitude of the FSC 3 using labview so if anyone has an experience using rhode and schwarz instruments to read data let me know 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(257 Views)

R&S website provides drivers and examples

FSC | Driver | Rohde & Schwarz

SMA100A | Driver | Rohde & Schwarz

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(225 Views)

The exemples provided in the website dont work on FSC 3 . Some of the function blocs that come with the drivers aren't compatible with the fsc 3 . I tried modifying them but i still get errors everytime i try to use them

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(189 Views)

Hi Hetrx,

@Hetrx wrote:

Some of the function blocs that come with the drivers aren't compatible with the fsc 3 . I tried modifying them but i still get errors everytime i try to use them

Which errors did you encounter?

In which way are those VIs "not compatible"?

What have you tried?

Do you have the (programming) manual for your device?

Do you know all the commands and their parameters for your task (from reading the manual)?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(179 Views)

basically every single one of them . take for exemple this one that displays peak list ( frequency and amplitude )

take for exemple the rssafsup configure display update.vi bloc . an error shows me that that bloc isn't compatible with fsc spectrum analyzers . it works on other ones such as fsp etc ..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(164 Views)

Hi Hetrx,

@Hetrx wrote:

basically every single one of them .

an error shows me that that bloc isn't compatible with fsc spectrum analyzers . it works on other ones such as fsp etc ..

Did you try to switch off the IDQuery?

Did you try to adapt the IDQuery to accept your specific device?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(157 Views)

can you explain further more please ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(134 Views)

Hi Hetrx,

@Hetrx wrote:

can you explain further more please ?

Open the VI from your last message and you will see a button labelled "ID Query". This button is TRUE by default and so it triggers a certain action in the first Init subVI…

Did you look into the Init subVI?

Did you learn what the IDQuery does?

Did you debug your VI using highlight execution, probes and breakpoints?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(130 Views)

i did all of the above .. and im still getting the same error . i even tried removing the rssafsup configure display update.vi but another error popped up that has to do with sweep time

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(127 Views)

Do you have manuals for your hardware? That would be a first good step for Gerd (and any of us) to see what doesn't jive with your VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(119 Views)