LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200477

Test Station was Running executable VI just fine but then power unexpectable shut down and now I have reloaded the file from the server location and still it pops up that same error.  My test engineer no longer works at the company and I still Need to transfer the license and software.  But in the mean time should I be looking into driver settings or what are some other things I can double Check.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 37
(791 Views)

Error -200478 at DAQmx Start Task - NI

This happens when the DAQmx system can't find the hardware device.  It's probably just that you tried to run the code when the hardware wasn't connected and it got the input task or device mixed up.  These controls are usually at the very beginning of hardware init code, OR it may be set up as a NI-DAQmx task using the NI-MAX program, then called later in the code.

Try to find where the DAQmx tasks/devices are setup and make sure the inputs are pointing to real hardware.  If what I'm saying confuses you, post the code where the DAQ hardware is being set up.

Also, use NI-MAX to ensure that your hardware is actually present and the device name(s) is the same.

NIquist_0-1715024879976.png

EDIT: Just noticed that Google found the related -200478 error to your -200477 warning.  It's the same thing though: "Can't perform operation with no device in the task".

BTW, if you only have the EXE and not the LabVIEW code, look for the Physical Channel controls and ensure the right device is selected...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 2 of 37
(765 Views)

mjhartwig_0-1715028954863.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(742 Views)

From I have found it sets it back to default.  So I take that I would have to set all my I/O again.  This wouldn't been a big deal if I had a schematic but the people that built this did not use or record one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(741 Views)

Do you have the original install file och MAX-config to import? Often you can just reset the DB and everything is fine, but if you have Signals predefined or have changed some name and the code uses that you're in some trouble. 🙂

I can't understand why MAXdb is so sensitive, it shouldn't be very often it needs to write anything to it, or even read.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(702 Views)

It's possible that the original developer used a configuration file to hold all the required parameters for the program.  That's good practice in general, but especially if the program is large and complex, or requires lots of external hardware (DAQ, GPIB, etc.).

Try looking around your file folders near the EXE for a file that ends with ".ini" or ".config".  If there is a /data sub-folder where the EXE is, check in there.  I usually name my config files the same as the EXE, but with a .ini at the end.  So, a program called "MAIN_TEST.exe" might have a configuration file called "MAIN_TEST.ini"

There are many types of config files, but most are readable text so you may be able to figure out how the hardware is set up if you have one.

Also, if there is any kind of SETUP or CONFIG section in your code, post a screenshot of it.  Maybe we can figure out what kind of hardware you are using.  Post a pic of the NI-MAX devices section too (like I did).  There may be hints in there that will help.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 6 of 37
(696 Views)

mjhartwig_0-1715096230117.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(670 Views)

I reset to default settings using reset configuration data under tools and was able to self test them.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(667 Views)

I was able to find the SN for the software so maybe i can gain access soon to LabVIEW 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(666 Views)

@mjhartwig wrote:

I was able to find the SN for the software so maybe i can gain access soon to LabVIEW 

That's great since you have a cDAQ chassis with 4 modules in it.  That will make it more difficult to just guess which module is doing what.  It will be a great help to see what the code is actually trying to do.  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 37
(651 Views)