From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to rotate a control/indicator in the panel?

I'm using labview 6.0

I tried customizing the control/indicator but I don't know how to do it...

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(18,793 Views)
Left click on the control you want to customize to select it and under the edit menu>> select customize control. This will bring up another window for you to customize the control and save it as a custom control to be used anywhere.
BJD1613

Lead Test Tools Development Engineer

Philips Respironics

Certified LV Architect / Instructor
Message 2 of 9
(18,793 Views)
Hi Txvs,

with LabVIEW nearly everything is possible ........

find attached a wonderful "Image Spin.vi" that I have used for Animation of vi's

I found an example of self made Button on OpenG.org website

Hope this helps
regards
Werner
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(18,793 Views)
sorry I have sent LV6.1 in first answer.....

herewith again in 6.0

Werner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(18,793 Views)
I think I'm not explaining the problem well...

What I want to do is something like the image attached.

(I know where is the "costumize control" window, but I don't know how to rotate controls).

Thanks for your answers 😉
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(18,793 Views)
LabVIEW does not have the ability to rotate controls or indicators. For Booleans, you can replace the picture items with images that you've rotated in some image editor but that's about it.
Message 6 of 9
(18,793 Views)
OK, understood. Thanks anyway.

Bye 😉
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(18,793 Views)

Congratulations Warner!!!  Smiley Wink Your file Image_Spin is perfect for my project. Thank you so much. Now, I want to know if you´ve done a VI to move images linearly instead of rotate them? Which block can I use instead of "rotate pixmap"?  If you can help me I´ll be really really grateful!  Smiley Happy Please...

Regards

Verónica C

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(13,248 Views)

This thread is over a decade old and Warner has not logged on to his account for 6 years.

I would suggest making a new post explaining what you are looking to do and what you have tried so far.  This will make it easier for people to search for the same problem you are looking to solve.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(13,227 Views)