LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with WireFlow Progress Bar (?)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using WireFlow Progress bar - excellent piece of work, btw - and I ran into something I find 'strange'. Maybe an issue, or is it intended?

I want to use the "current message" to always display the same message - not a 'progress message' as it seems to be intended for.

(just for aesthetics I prefer not to use the "general message field")

However, the first time I run my vi, the progress pop-up does display this message during the wait time. Then on, the current message is no more displayed.

If I change the message (i.e., add a space at the end) the next run it appears, then on it no longer appears.

I "dug" into the code and found out that if the message is updated on the panel only when it changes. My guess is the message stays "memorized" somewhere from one run to the following and, therefore, it is not updated - however, the init does clear it the "hard way" via a property node.

Did anyone else observe this behavior?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
21st November 1905: E=mc² → and Physics would never be the same again...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(230 Views)

I've never used a 3rd part progress bar because it is so easy to roll your own.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(169 Views)

Well, yes and no.

If the VI has its front panel already displayed, then it is easy to tur a progress bar visible and "feed it" from somewhere in the vi.

Wireflow came up with this quite elegant solution, but it has this "strange" behavior.

It is possible to create one's own progress vi with personalized pop-up window, so I am not facing a 'real' problem. I'd just like to understand better what's going on in the code - I feel i am missing something.

Anyone from Wireflow? (i tried contacts found on the vi's, but they returned unknown)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(147 Views)

Did you vist https://www.wireflow.com/products/software/wf-progress-bar/ ?

Includes a manual, two tutorial videos and an e-mail address.

Message 4 of 7
(138 Views)

Yes I watched the videos and downloaded the manual.

Both - video and manual - explain how to use the functionality, but do not answer my doubt.

In the videos I did not see any email address (not in the video nor in Youtube description), nor does the manual indicate any.

I now tried to open a ticket at Wireflow's support page - which initially I had not done, because I though it was only for customers under contract. It seems the ticket was correctly created. Let's see if anyone replies.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(122 Views)
Got a reply from Wireflow's Jonas Mellroth, the author of ProgressBar.

Kudos and thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(110 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GIC-SAGM

From Jonas Mellroth:

Since the Current item string can be formated with <b>, <i> and <u> the code only performs this check if the string has changed.

Unfortunately the feedback node is unintialized, meaning the old value sticks between runs.

Fortunately there is an easy workaround, just write an empty string to "Current item" and wait for 100-200ms right after init.

ProgressBarWorkaround.png

Message 7 of 7
(89 Views)