LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView Basic question

Hi everyone,

I'm learning labview, i have a question regarding back and front page. for example, when i create a virtual channel, and create a new physical channel MOD3/AO3 i cannot see it in front page but when i copy something already in use its appear on front page. anyone have a clarification  ?

HANKOP_0-1714663663951.png

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(152 Views)

I suggest taking Core 1 training.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(149 Views)

You have controls, indicators, and diagram constants.

• You can change the value of a control at runtime. It is a data source for a wire
  • You can read a value from an indicator, it is a data sink of a wire
  • A diagram constant is a data source that only lives on the block diagram and cannot be changed when the VI is running. Useful for things that never change. (e.g. to multiply with pi, pi should probably not be a control)

The wire is the data and each wire can only have exactly one data source, but it can be branched to as many indicators or functions you want!

You can right-click a terminal or diagram constant and change to to a control or indicator and vice versa.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(143 Views)

it's because the channel is a constant , therefore it will not be shown in the front panel, If you want to see it , right click on the constant of the channel and find the option Change to Control. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(87 Views)