LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview program for Thorlabs KIM101

Solved!
Go to solution

I tried to control Thorlabs KIM101 with Labview.

In the programming manual (https://www.thorlabs.com/Software/Motion%20Control/Kinesis/Kinesis-labview.pdf), 

there is an example for TCube, but not for KCube.

In the example, TCube is controlled with TCubeDCServo.

To control KIM101, I chose KCubeIntertialMotor, which has similar invoke properties with TCubeDCServo.

(KCubeDCServo is more different from TCubeDCServo than KCubeIntertialMotor.)

However, KCubeIntertialMotor does not have SetMoveAbsolutePosition and MoveAbsolute, which are used in the examples of the manual.

Compared with KCube, there are differences in properties for TCube. 

How can I figure out these differences?

Is there any manual which explains usages of all properties?

Is there any sample Labiview programs for Kcube?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(140 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ozizouozizou

I have only used TCube controllers for these positioners.

Programming Thorlabs Kinesis devices is always an adventure.

Look at the Thorlabs.MotionControl.DotNet_API.chm help file installed with the Kinesis software.

Look at the section under KCube InertialMotor (KIM001, KIM101).  There is a C example showing how to operate the device.  This should identify the methods needed and you can use parts of it as a recipe for your application.  I think the example uses a KCubeInertialMotor device type and “device.MoveTo” method.

Once I get a Kinesis device working, I usually package all the library calls into basic LabVIEW VIs to support functions such as connect, disconnect, read position, move, etc.

I do not like working with inertial piezo positioners in general.  They are noisy (loud!) and not repeatable without feedback.  But they are compact...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(96 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

Now, I can understand the situation from your reply.

I hope Thorlabs provide more example vi or sub vi...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(84 Views)