LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Help window in LabVIEW 2022?

How can I get Offline Help Window for LabVIEW 2022 Q3 Version, just like in LabVIEW 2021 and other previous versions?

Currently, in 2022 version, when I click on Help > LabVIEW Help..., it shows a webpage like this: 

0cZGf.png

But I want it to show the older Help Window like this:

PNRat.png

Is there any way to obtain the older Help Window for 2022 Version?

Message 1 of 70
(4,805 Views)

I thought, surely not... so I tried.

NeilPate_0-1661179828347.png

takes me to 

NeilPate_1-1661179852088.png

Seriously? This is a bit too ambitiously engineered for me...

Message 2 of 70
(4,742 Views)

NI made a subforum dedicated to the NI Product Documentation Center to get feedback.  I would normally suggest you go there to give feedback, but after making the subforum, it seems NI forgot about it.  Adding a barrier between a product and the help for the product is bad.  Removing features from LabVIEW that people use often is also bad.  I didn't really think that needed to be said.

Message 3 of 70
(4,735 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

NI made a subforum dedicated to the NI Product Documentation Center to get feedback.  I would normally suggest you go there to give feedback, but after making the subforum, it seems NI forgot about it.  Adding a barrier between a product and the help for the product is bad.  Removing features from LabVIEW that people use often is also bad.  I didn't really think that needed to be said.

How often are your computers not able to reach the internet that this is a worry?  (Answer: ALL THE TIME if you work in an industry where your computers are not allowed network access!!!  I'm just going to put a wild guess out there, but probably 90% of companies out there using LabVIEW has at least a few developer stations out there that can't be/aren't hooked up to the network.)  This is stupidity at its finest.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 70
(4,707 Views)

@billko wrote:
How often are your computers not able to reach the internet that this is a worry?  (Answer: ALL THE TIME if you work in an industry where your computers are not allowed network access!!!  I'm just going to put a wild guess out there, but probably 90% of companies out there using LabVIEW has at least a few developer stations out there that can't be/aren't hooked up to the network.)  This is stupidity at its finest.

I'm in an industry where closed networks are more common than open networks.  This commonly means no internet access.  So, yes, we need a local help.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 70
(4,684 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@billko wrote:

I'm in an industry where closed networks are more common than open networks.  This commonly means no internet access.  So, yes, we need a local help.

I seriously believe there are no brains left at NI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 70
(4,656 Views)

WOW Looking HERE  the statement "NI did not create this content for this release" appears often.

It seems like NI relearned how to include bugs in releases.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 70
(4,630 Views)

I just double-checked the 2022 beta I still have installed, and it has the chm offline help (which looks to be for 2021). So NI have snuck this into 2022 Q3, with zero mention of it in the release notes. Anything else you've slipped in without telling us, NI?

I thought maybe NI dropped the old chm to satisfy Windows 11 support, but Win11 supposedly still supports opening and viewing chm files. Accepting that chm is an outdated format and needs replacement, the alternative should still be available offline for many of the reasons already stated.

The new online help is absolute garbage. I hate everything about it. It's obvious little thought has been given to actually using it - NI are just ticking requirements checkboxes. There is the offline help viewer, but I can't for the life of me find any offline help to download anymore (it was easy to find during the NXG era). Now it's just auto generated PDFs that don't seem to generate half the time.

MichaelBalzer_0-1661219793858.png

It's become increasingly clear NI do not understand their users, or simply do not care.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
Message 8 of 70
(4,620 Views)

Seredipity!

I was looking at my Laptop while posting via mobile when my eye caught this

2022 should be installing this bat now.PNG

About five minutes ago.

this suggests a offline help file exists and the next install has now started

I'll post back here after my laptopisaurus finishes wading through the swamp.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 9 of 70
(4,560 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Seredipity!

I was looking at my Laptop while posting via mobile when my eye caught this

2022 should be installing this bat now.PNG

What version of LV are you installing... it is not evident it above image.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 70
(4,541 Views)