LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring firmware on Ocean Optics USB2000

Hi all, I've recently gotten my hands on some old Ocean Optics USB 2000 devices. I have one fully working, recognized as an Ocean Optics device, and a few others that it appears someone tried to overwrite the EEPROM on, and in the process corrupted the devices. I've followed the instructions here: USB Programmer - Ocean InsightOcean Insighthttps://www.oceaninsight.com › software › usbpr... to restore the corrupted EEPROM, namely:

1) Short the SDA pin to GND (thereby preventing the USB controller from reading data from the EEPROM).

2) Verify that the device shows up as an "Unknown Device" in device manager.

3) Launch the USB EEPROM Programmer and look for the device under Unprogrammed OOI USB Devices

It's this last step that appears to be failing. I've tried this with the known good device just as a sanity check, and it also fails to show up under Unprogrammed OOI USB Devices. Is there some sort of trick to this that I'm not grasping? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(158 Views)

My uneducated guess: That UI looks very Windows XP or even earlier. The programmer app may not work properly on newer Windows versions. Can you try on an older PC or at least an older OS in a VM?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(135 Views)

That's one option I'm considering. The one thing that gives me pause is that the app does correctly identify the working board. It's only when the board is in shorted state that the app fails to recognize it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(98 Views)