LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature and Voltage readings from Agilent 34972a from different channels in one scan

I am using a Keysight DAQ970A in emulation mode for Agilent 34792A.

Using EZ Temperature.vi and EZ Voltage.vi SEPARATELY, I get accurate reads.  The problem occurs when I try to scan different channels with both .VIs at the same time.  The EZ Temperature.vi goes errant, it doesn't give me an accurate reading whilst the EZ Voltage.vi reads correctly regardless if EZ Temperature is being used or not.  The EZ Temperature appears to not play well with the EZ Voltage.vi.

When I disable EZ Voltage, and enable EZ Temperature, EZ Temperature measures fine.  When I enable EZ Voltage and disable EZ Temperature, EZ Temperature measures fine.  Then, when I then disable EZ Voltage and enable EZ Temperature, the first reading is wacky, then when I scan again, it measures fine.

I'm sure we're not the first company to have tried this.  I've scanned through the community notes, not finding any solutions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(181 Views)

In general don't use the "EZ" vi's.

Here's an example of how to properly configure and use this device.

Don't let the fact that this example was using a 34970A bother you, as the 34970A and 34972A are identical except for communication options.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(166 Views)

Thanks for the speedy response!  I'll give it a try and check back

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(147 Views)

Sorry to bother you.  Do you know what the last two VIs on the right is in the first picture?  After the Configure Temperature VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(96 Views)

Apologies, I found it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(94 Views)

So I tried this and it doesn't appear it worked.  I have a tc in ch 101, so it I should at least be seeing a measurement of of around 22.

I do see five measurements, which isn't bad, but the fact I can't see 22 means it's not working.  I've attached the vi and screenshots, do you see anything I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(57 Views)