LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay line

I need to connect two mirrors to a delay line connected to a stepper motor, send light and transfer the values to the locking amplifier via a photodetector. I want to read the values from the computer with a graph. this is a very important project for me to graduate. waiting for your help.
oakin4125@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(448 Views)

Hi oakin,

@oakin wrote:

this is a very important project for me to graduate. waiting for your help.
oakin4125@gmail.com

My two cents:

• When it is important for you to graduate then you need to work on your task! We will not solve your homework!
  • Usually it is a bad idea to present your email address in the wild public…

@oakin wrote:

I need to connect two mirrors to a delay line connected to a stepper motor, send light and transfer the values to the locking amplifier via a photodetector.

I want to read the values from the computer with a graph.

General suggestion:

We will help as soon as you present your own work and start to ask for specific problems!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(441 Views)

It is "too common" description. Which hardware do you have already in your lab? You will need probably kind of DAQ hardware or measurement instruments with GPIB or something else — there are lot of different ways how to connect PC to your instrument.

By the way — which "values" needs be displayed on the Graph on the X and Y axis?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(431 Views)

There is GPIB hardware. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Labview. I don't have time to learn it, I have to deliver the project. if I can't deliver it, I can't graduate.photo1712223676.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(423 Views)

I also need to do the program only on Labview. I don't have to do anything physical. If I can realize it on Labview, I will graduate.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(419 Views)

Seconds on the X axis and the results from the photodetector on the Y axis.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(418 Views)

Hi oakin,

@oakin wrote:

I don't know much about Labview. I don't have time to learn it, I have to deliver the project.

if I can't deliver it, I can't graduate.

So how much time do you have (left)?

Why do you take a short time (?) project, using an unknown programming language (to you), when your graduation depends on it?

@oakin wrote:
I also need to do the program only on Labview. I don't have to do anything physical.

So someone else already did all the mechanical and electrical (aka "wiring") stuff for you?

What else is already prepared for you? (Which LabVIEW installation? Device drivers? Example routines from other students?)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(407 Views)

I had no way of choosing the project. I have to finish it in 2 weeks. I am not expected to do anything mechanical or electrical. I was only asked to design this program on Labview.

with my regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(400 Views)

Hi oakin,

@oakin wrote:

I have to finish it in 2 weeks. 

So you have a week to learn LabVIEW (basics).

And another week to create your program…

Suggestions:

• Take the training resources offered at the top of the LabVIEW board.
  • Use the example finder in LabVIEW's help menu.
  • You got luck: there already is a device driver for your device in the InstrumentNetwork!
Best regards,
GerdW

Message 9 of 31
(348 Views)

you are right, but there are parts I have problems with. I expected you to help me with these issues. I would really appreciate it if you could help me.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(341 Views)