LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to input array to statistic vi

Hi,

Hope someone could help as I have being trying and reading this forum for long hours. I intend to calculate mean of signal which is from the Triggered Signal from Trigger Gate. 

I attach the vi I attempted (in actual application will be measuring temperature and computer heat flow). hope could have advice from you guys. Thank you.

signal mean from trigger gate using statistic vi.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,632 Views)
It's pretty hard to debug an image but it looks like you are converting the signal to a scalar before you then convert to an array and pass to the mean function. When you do that, you are throwing away all but one of your signals. You are using the Convert From Dynamic Data in the wrong way.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,627 Views)

Hi Dennis,

You are right. The "mean" only shows the current value of the signal. Then how could I connect an array to get the mean/ getting the mean by using statistic vi?

I attach the vi here. please point out the mistake. thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,603 Views)

Don't convert the dynamic signal to a scalar. Your Convert From Dynamic Data should convert to a 1D DBL array. Replace the one you have now with a new one and select the correct conversion.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,591 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Yes, thank you. I changed the convert dynamic to scalar to convert dynamic data to array and it works perfectly! . 

My problem is solved in less than 5 minutes. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,581 Views)