LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub-vi doesn't respond to keypress until I first click on the VI window

When I have a floating VI open another floating subVI, with an event structure that is supposed to respond to keypresses, keypresses do not trigger an event in that newly opened subVI until I actually click on the window first. This seems like even though that sub-VI is open and front-most, it is not the active window that will be affected by keypresses until I click on the pane first, then it responds to keypresses perfectly. Is there a command to make an opened sub-VI the priority window so it will respond to keypresses right away without having to involve the mouse?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(188 Views)

Have you tried making the 2nd one modal instead of floating?  That should force it to the front and make it responsive.

If you don't want it to be permanently modal, you could set it to start as modal, then after 200-500 ms become floating again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(177 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

Have you tried making the 2nd one modal instead of floating?  That should force it to the front and make it responsive.

If you don't want it to be permanently modal, you could set it to start as modal, then after 200-500 ms become floating again.

Then I run into this modal window problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(124 Views)