Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fedora 64 bit problem with Call Library Function Node

Hi

I have LabView 2009 sp1 32bit that is installed on  64bit machine that runs Fedora 2.6.. I'm trying to call function from shared library that was created for 64bit. When I specify in the Call Library Function Node's VI window the path to shared library  it populates function name tab with all the functions that are in that library but when I click OK  an error 7 message pops up  "File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux.Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer."

Did anyone had this problem and was able to solve it?

Please Help.

Grostmy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,351 Views)

You can't do that. A 32 bit application can only load and link to a 32 bit shared library and the same applies for 64 bit.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,869 Views)

As rolf pointed out, you can only call 32-bit shared libraries from 32-bit LabVIEW (which is the only option on Linux right now). However, the behavior you described isn't very user friendly, so I filed a CAR (#243049) to give a better error message.

See if you can install a 32-bit version of that library and call that one instead.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,869 Views)