Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpibprtk kernel module

All of the USB devices supported by NI-DAQmx Base are user-mode drivers so they will work on distributions with newer kernels.  NI-DAQmx for Linux currently doesn't support any USB devices.  So really the only support we lost was for the GPIB-USB-HS and GPIB-USB-B.

Shawn Bohrer

National Instruments

Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(314 Views)

Pls.can confirm that actually i can't use GIPB-USB-B and GIPB-USB-HS on opens suse 11.

If i can't use now in the future this problem will solved or not?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(314 Views)

luca72 wrote:

Pls.can confirm that actually i can't use GIPB-USB-B and GIPB-USB-HS on opens suse 11.

You can not use the GPIB-USB-B or GPIB-USB-HS on openSUSE 11.0 or later using any of the drivers that National Instruments provides today.  However, you may be able to use these devices using the third party open source drivers provided by the Linux GPIB Package.  Of course since these are third party drivers National Instruments does not officially support them and any support requests should be handled through the community.

luca72 wrote:

If i can't use now in the future this problem will solved or not?

Maybe?  Supporting these devices on new Linux versions requires a complete rewrite of the drivers.  If the demand for officially supported drivers for these devices on newer Linux distributions is high enough then we may rewrite the drivers at some point in the future, but at this point no plans have been made.

Shawn Bohrer

National Instruments

Use NI products on Linux? Come join the NI Linux Users Community
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(314 Views)