Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program locks on DAQmxBaseCreateTask

Hi,

I wanted to add my voice to those experiencing this problem or something similar.  I'm running a fresh opensuse 11.2 OS, with DAQmxbase 3.4.0, and a USB-6009.  Running 'time ./acquire1Scan' in the examples directory I get:

real    1m11.417s

user   1m10.481s

sys    0m0.423s

Printf statements show that the time is being spent almost entirely on the DAQmxBaseCreateTask() and DAQmxBaseClearTask() functions.  Since I'm using the USB-6009, using DAQmx 8.0.1 isn't an option.  I'd be happy to downgrade to an earlier opensuse version, a different kernel (I'm using 2.6.31.5-0.1, the default that comes with opensuse 11.2) or an earlier daqmx base version, but wanted to see if there was any confirmation that this would work, as installing each new OS takes a bit of time.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 43
(269 Views)

Hi all,

Same problem here. I have clean openSuse 11.2 and DAQmxbase 3.4.0 installd. USB-6008 seems to work, but this "createTask" takes about 30 seconds. This isn't accpetable in our application. Have anybody solved this problem?

We also propably need to control digital outputs of the ni6008 during analog measurement. It looks that this is not possible using daqmxbase and linux. Am I right?

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 43
(269 Views)

I've been able to reproduce this delay, and while I continue looking into what exactly is causing it, I thought I would make a short post about how to workaround it so you folks can get on with your DAQ 🙂

Linux Users Group: DAQmx Base 3.4 C API Performance Workaround

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13862

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 43
(269 Views)