Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquisition with triggering for a GigE camera

I'm trying to acquire images from a LUCID Vision camera whenever I send a trigger signal to the camera. I can get a single image using the Snap 2 function in IMAQdx but I'm running into issues trying to acquire images from multiple trigger signals.

I'm generating the trigger signal using the test panels for a NI-DAQ-6211 (for now) and setting the camera attributes through NI max. I've written multiple versions of my acquisition program to try to see which IMAQdx sub-VIs will work but none work.

I'd really appreciate any help in trying to figure out where my logic is going wrong.

Current workflow: Set camera parameters in NI max -> Disconnect camera in NI max -> Start trigger signal on DAQ through test panel -> Run acquisition program

Camera: LUCID Vision Lab Atlas10 12.3MP

LabVIEW 2019 64-bit

I've pasted a photo and attached the vi.

NVVyjayanthi_0-1707960810028.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(265 Views)

Your program looks reasonable to me.  I would use One Shot instead of Continuous, and Buffer Number instead of Next.  I don't know if either of those would make a difference.

Did you set up the camera to use triggering and save the configuration?  Could you run the camera in MAX (Snap) and verify that it times out without a trigger, then run it again and generate a trigger to get an image?  I would do that before trying to get it to work in LabVIEW to make sure the camera is configured properly.  Sometimes it is difficult to figure out the right configuration for some cameras.  I know nothing about LUCID cameras, so I can't help you there.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(254 Views)

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your reply. I checked in MAX like you suggested and the settings for the trigger are correct. A timeout does occur when there's no trigger signal.

I tried One Shot along with Buffer Number (and other combinations). The issue I'm running into there is that it acquires one frame fine and then shows the timeout error from the 2nd frame onward. And then even with the trigger running, I get a timeout error in MAX when I test my settings again. The only way to get things to work again is to perform a device factory reset.

Thanks,

NV

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(211 Views)

I have a couple of questions:

1. The camera should not be acquiring images even if the trigger signal is being sent until a Start Acquisition command is sent. Is that correct?

2. When I use One Shot + Buffer Number Mode without wiring the Buffer Number In, I get no errors. Does this even make sense?

3. Why is it that when I connect the Calculate Frames Per Second VI, I get numbers like 0.5 frames per second?

Thanks,

NV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(201 Views)