Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a gige IP config

Hello,

I am trying to build a gige configurator that will let me set up static IP address of any gige camera and the network adapter it is connected to. I have been experimenting with the IP Helper C++ API provided by Microsoft https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/iphlp/getting-started-with-ip-helper, but have bunch of issues and not sure if it is possible with this. First of all, with the IP Helper it looks like you can potentially use AddIPAddress to add ip address to any adapter but it only adds a temporary IP address and not a permanent static IP

I am doing this on couple of Cognex cameras which as many of you know they are Basler cameras under the hood, so I tried using the Pylon SDK, but Pylon does not even see these Cognex cameras, so I can not try to set up their IP or anything

I am hoping someone has already looked into doing something like this that can point me in the right direction. I am basically trying to build a C++ code that will first look for network adapters and any devices connected to my computer, where once I identify the camera by maybe ID, name, manufacturer name, or serial number, then I can use the C++ code to setup its IP address and mask and the adapter IP address and mask

By the way, I am aware that there are a lot of IP configurators out there including the NI vision one

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(318 Views)