Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This function does not have parameter information in the DLL or uses tpye not recognized by Teststand

When I Create a dll with VS2022 ,I ues the dll in teststand ,it has problem like this  how to handle it ???

1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,233 Views)

The parameter type information is a feature added by LabWindows and LabVIEW to DLLs. It is a sort of type library embedded in the DLL, that gives more detailed information about the available functions and parameters and their types. TestStand (and LabVIEW too) can read that information and use it to automatically generate an adapter to interface to the function. But this technology is NI proprietary and Visual Studio doesn't know about this for standard C DLLs. It does use it's own sort of type libraries for ActiveX DLLs and .Net assemblies but that are different beasts and ActiveX is since a long time legacy (in fact the last few editions of Visual Studio can't really generate ActiveX DLLs anymore without lots and lots of manual help and handholding).

How to handle it? You will have to configure the individual interfaces by manually configuring them correctly. That requires you to consult the according header file(s), determine the functions and its parameters and then configure the function adapter accordingly, together with making sure that the memory management rules are correctly set up.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,120 Views)