Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is nivisa library source code available?

Hi , i am developing a cpp application that will control some hardware instruments  .

I am using RPI 4 having arm architecture . does NI provide visa library for that .if not than the source code is available?

please provide any alternative if available..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(77 Views)

How many 100 grands in license costs do you have available? Supposedly NI shared some source code with instrument manufacturers like Tektronix and others, but definitely not for free. And I'm not sure how much of code that was.

Your best bet is OpenVISA: a project that hasn't seen any public activity since 2005. This is a basically a github copy of the last package from the original OpenVISA repository.

Or you could switch to Python. PyVisa is actually a more functional library and it has even a native implementation of VISA in Python as an optional backend. It can also be used as binding to the official NI-VISA and other VISA implementations. Not sure how functional it is on RaspberryPi however. It relies on other libraries like libusb for VISA-USB, and Linux-GPIB for communication over GPIB devices but this last one may not really be relevant for RaspberryPi.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(46 Views)