Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure EPOS2 24/5?

Hi,

I'm using a Maxon EPOS2 24/5 and im'm trying to communicate with Labview 2012 via USB, but i don't know how. I've tried to execute the initialisation function that i've found in Epos Library but it doesen't works...

I've downloaded de Maxon drivers and i've updated all Labview drivers, then i've tried to connect EPOS2 24/5 with Labview using Tools>Instrumentation>Find Instrument Drivers and my driver appears installed, but when i find the company MAXON in the manufacturer list it doesen't appears.

If i double-click maxon EPOS on the installed drivers Labview don't allow me to install de driver because i've not selected the manufacturer.

Thanks!Hope to get an answer

Best Regards

Xavier

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(11,383 Views)

This should help you. Just post back if you need further help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(11,364 Views)

Thanks for the post.

Now I have the following error: Error opening port (0x20000004). What does it mean and what can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(11,280 Views)

According to your initial question, the driver is connected via USB. Therefore set protocolStackName to EPOS2_USB.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(11,274 Views)

The error is still appearing...in addition on VISA Test Panel appears another error

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(11,259 Views)

You might use a newer maxon driver.

What happens if you try to open the communication through maxon's initialization VI which shows a dialog ?

What are the available selections in this dialog ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(11,253 Views)

If I try to open with VCS Open Device Dlg.vi, it appears the dialog that I attached. When I select usb configuration, appears the same error Opening port.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(11,250 Views)

Are you using the latest driver and LV library from maxon ?

http://www.maxonmotor.com/medias/sys_master/8806418743326/EPOS_LabVIEW_Instrument_Driver_En.zip

I used a previous one and, according to EPOS Command Library.pdf (page 11), the name have changed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(11,249 Views)

Yes i've updated the driver and library few days ago

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(11,245 Views)

According to pages 10 and 11 of above mentionned manual, this is correct (EPOS2 / MAXON SERIAL V2 / USB).

Sorry for the may be stupid questions :

• Is the EPOS powered ?
  • Have you tried to select another USB port ?
  • Have you installed maxon's EPOS USB Driver Installation ?
  • Does the EPOS2 appear in the Windows device manager ?
  • Are you able to communicate with it by the use of maxon's EPOS Studio ?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(11,235 Views)